In This Issue
Check out the latest issue of NTGCSA Chapter Connect.
Greg Neill, the equipment manager at Four Seasons Golf and Sports Club has been selected as the recipient of the 2019 Most Valuable Technician Award
WrapUps of Summer Events:
June at Robson Ranch
Family Social at TopGolf
Education at the Ballpark
September Education at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital
2019 Superintendent and Assistant of the Year Nomination Information
Preview of Fall Events:
Annual Meeting at Shady Valley
STD Scholarship Tournament
STD Crew and Assistant Championship
TTA Winter Conference 2019
Texas A&M Turfgrass Field Day
All The Latest Chapter Information and GCSAA News
Thanks to all who attended and made it a great day!
WinField® United: Building on a Shared Foundation of Agronomic Excellence
The merger of WinField and United Suppliers marks the launch of a highly strategic offering that combines the talent, technology and financial stability of two agricultural leaders, and positions the new company for future growth.
Three main pillars are the hallmarks of the WinField® United brand that will propel us into the future.
- A passionate focus on customers. This shared value is one of our greatest assets. We will always begin with an understanding of our customers’ needs, and then deploy tailored offerings to meet each of them individually.
- Data-backed, insight-driven agronomic excellence. From ag technology platforms to new products, techniques and technologies designed to push yield limits, we are committed to grounding our offerings in national research applied at the local level.
- A commitment to advancing sustainability in our industry and in our world. We are dedicated to telling the story of how modern agriculture is meeting the needs of a growing global population, while fostering long-term sustainability and viability for the industry.
For over 80 years Target Specialty Products has been and continues to be a leading value-added service provider of pest control and pest management solutions, turf and ornamental solutions, application equipment, supplies and education and training programs. We serve the Pest Management and Turf & Ornamental markets from 43 locations across the United States and Canada in both the private and public sector for:
- Forestry and Vector Control
- Golf Course and Turfgrass Maintenance
- Landscape Maintenance
- Structural Pest Management
- Vegetation Management
Target was established in Gardena, California, in 1969 as A.S.L. Chemicals. In May 2010, a joint venture between Target Specialty Products and B&G Chemical Company extended Target’s foot print to Texas as well as a branch in Oklahoma City, OK.
In 2012 Ehrlich Distribution joined forces with Target Specialty Products. Ehrlich Distribution’s goal since its founding in 1928, has been to provide products for the control of pests and vegetation. They have been serving the East Coast to the Mid-West, providing a comprehensive approach to our customers’ needs.
Target again expanded by purchasing Residex in July of 2016. This increased our presence in the Midwest and East by adding 23 locations to our existing 19 in the US plus Canada, and additionally over 180 associates, expanding our services throughout North America.
We are a Founders Circle Member of the College of Natural and Agricultural Sciences at the University of California, Riverside. Pledging to support the Urban Entomology program at the University helps ensure that they can continue valuable research in the field of pest management.
We will continue to focus on intelligent growth and serving the needs of customers and employees.
Kathie Kalmowitz, Ph.D. – BASFTopic: Two new chemistries Maxtima and Navicon
Steve Loveday – Topic: Product chemistry and turf benefits