Surrounded by celestial pine valleys, open meadows and an oak forest, Southern Trace Country Club in Shreveport, Louisiana, offers an 18-hole championship golf course, six lighted tennis courts, an Olympic pool, a fully equipped fitness room, and four separate dining areas situated in our 37,000-square-foot clubhouse. Southern Trace Country Club is truly one of the most beautiful country clubs in the south. Our clubhouse is the hub of activities for our Southern Trace family of Members to enjoy social, golf and tennis events that are scheduled each month along with our weekly Member traditions.
Golf Course Superintendent
The Golf Course Superintendent is responsible for the successful operation of the Golf Course Maintenance Department and Clubhouse Grounds. The Superintendent works closely with the General Manager on capital improvement expansion projects, as well as interaction with the Head Golf Professional to maximize the number of rounds of golf played by scheduling maintenance practices around Member play and outings to maximize efficiency is essential.
– Provides agronomic direction to maintain the golf course at the highest quality possible at all times
– Follows company standards for the healthy growth of the golf course grasses, trees, wetlands, and other applicable plant materials
– Programs for turf/grass, material and chemical maintenance, and asset management are critical to the success of this role
– Prepares an annual budget and achieves these financial goals throughout the year, through proper forecasting, expense controls and labor management
– Responsible for hiring, training and developing all staff
– Ensures staff is working within OSHA, club safety, state and federal guidelines for safe working conditions.
3 – 5 years in Golf Course Maintenance management
Min 2-year College Agronomy Degree required
Pesticide Applicators License required
Advanced knowledge of regulatory requirements and record keeping as required by local, state and federal laws
Diplomatic team player able to foster relationships with Members, Employee Partners and guests
Please email resume to the following:
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org →