Riverchase Golf Club is one of the premier daily-fee courses in the Metro-Plex. We have been labeled as “one of the cities best kept secrets.” Riverchase is a competitively priced 18-hole course featuring Champion Bermuda greens and is spread out on 6,593 yards.
Conveniently located in Coppell, Texas this facility is within 10 minutes of DFW International Airport and easily accessible to all major highways. Riverchase is definitely a local favorite and a popular course for travelers. The course features a beautiful landscape and water is in play on 14 of the 18 holes.
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Responsible for the safe mechanical condition of all mowers, utility vehicles, trucks and tractors, and mechanical equipment. Working with the golf course superintendent, assistant superintendent, to plan and coordinate repairs, adjustments, and maintenance of all equipment in such a way that said equipment is available each day for use on the golf course.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Prepares requisitions based on inventory control and reviews with the golf course superintendent or purchasers.
- Prioritizes and assigns equipment repairs.
- Ensures all records are updated to Desert Mountain standards both electronic and paper.
- Works with golf course superintendent to schedule mechanics based on golf course needs.
- Ensures OSHA requirements are met in recycling and disposal of used material including batteries and hazardous materials.
- Monitors the safety and procedures for filling of all fuel tanks both above and underground.
- Troubleshooting, inspection, diagnosis, repair, and maintenance of equipment and equipment systems, including, but not limited to: operator and equipment safety switch operation, engines tune-ups, carburetor adjustments, tire repair, safe and proper operation of hydraulic, brake, fuel, steering, electrical, and cooling systems.
- Repairs engine/drive train assemblies, starters, cutting units, roller bearing and seals, carburetors, fuel pumps, hydraulic motors and hoses. Installs batteries, tires, lights, and glass.
- Adjusts, sharpens, and backlaps reel mowers to ensure proper reel to bed knife adjustment and proper height-of-cut on all cutting units.
- Performs occasional welding, machining, bodywork and painting.
- Follows planned maintenance procedures and record keeping.
- Ensures proper shop safety and housekeeping procedures are followed.
- Maintains records of equipment service and repair, following established DMP guidelines.
- Maintains parts inventory necessary to effect equipment repairs.
- Records all service repairs on all DMP paperwork.
- Available and able to train, educate and mentor employees.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude at all times
- Must provide outstanding customer service to all internal and external customers
- Job requires occasional lifting up to 80 pounds; also requires working in uncomfortable positions around equipment.
- Will sometimes be required to work on equipment in the field and away from the shop.
- Must adapt to extremes of temperature and inclement weather from outdoor working environment.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred
- Combination of 5 years as head golf course mechanic or assistant golf course mechanic or related mechanical experience.
POSITION CONTACT INFORMATION