Manages the golf course maintenance department day-to-day activities through maintaining quality standards, developing and retaining maintenance employees and exceeding guest expectations. Must be able to do this in a consistent manner with consideration to a given annual budget.
1. Daily communication with General Manager/Golf Professional on golf course condition and playability.
2. Promotes Arcis Golf’s philosophies throughout the golf course to both employees and guests.
3. Conducts monthly golf course audit.
4. Directs and delegates to Assistant Superintendent, Irrigation Technician, and Mechanic.
5. Reviews monthly preliminary and final profit / loss statements with General Manager.
6. Required to keep all permits pertaining to maintenance department up to date.
7. Must develop and post Maintenance Plan and Maintenance Standards.
8. Must have knowledge of irrigation systems inclusive of programming, maintenance, trouble shooting, scheduling, moisture control and pump station management.
9. Must have the ability to trouble shoot agronomic problems that may occur on the golf course.
10. Must be fully capable of application equipment calibration and operation.
11. Must have considerable understanding of golf course maintenance equipment.
12. Responsible for the Human Resources functions of the maintenance department by controlling turnover, motivating employees, focusing on employee development and retention and participating in regular employee meetings.
13. Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
14. Ensures golf course is in compliance with all federal, state and local laws.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
Education / Experience: Two or Four year Turf grass Maintenance degree and supervisory experience required. 5-8 years prior golf course experience with progressive responsibility required. Must hold a State Certified Pesticide License. Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit exemplary performance.
· Strong leadership skills
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Attention to detail
· Planning and organizational ability
· Customer skills
· Computer skills
• Will often be required to work weekends and holidays.
• Will be required to work in fast-paced environment.
Physical / Cognitive Activities:
This description of physical and mental activities is not intended to describe essential job functions. Rather, its purpose is to give the job applicant a feel for the physical and mental activities of the job to the end that an applicant with a disability can determine whether he or she will be able to do this job either with or without accommodations.
• The major responsibility in this position is to oversee the day to day activities of the golf course maintenance department. Therefore a significant portion of time will be spent moving about the property listening and working with the maintenance crew. Strong leadership and problem-solving skills will be used. This person will need to have strong speaking, reading and writing skills, for effective communication throughout the golf course.
• The majority of time is spent organizing maintenance activities. A portion of time will be spent in scheduling and implementing effective agronomic strategies, including upkeep, irrigation, and mechanical repairs.
• This person will occasionally assist in carrying heavy items requiring lifting of up to 70 pounds. He or she will also spend some time moving about the golf course overseeing the grounds crew.
Regional Superintendent, Arcis Golf