All applications must be received online. Please visit www.cityofallen.org to apply.
Chemical Technician – The Courses at Watters Creek
The purpose of this position is to control the weed and insect populations and prevent potentially harmful diseases
and fungi in City and golf course turf areas. This is accomplished by applying pesticides, insecticides, fertilizers and
other chemicals, mixing fertilizer and chemical applications and maintaining records. Other duties may include
managing and maintaining turf areas such as parks and medians and golf course and interfacing with other City
employees and citizens. This position provides direction to other employees.
The information listed below is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and
skills required of this position.
• Controls weeds, diseases and insects by directing the activities of City employees, using various types of
equipment, inspecting parks, ponds and City facilities, spraying and applying chemicals to landscapes and
turf-areas such as parks and medians and golf course and treating ponds for vegetative growth.
• Administering fertilizer and chemical applications by lifting and loading bags of fertilizer into spreaders,
measuring for mixture, measuring the correct amounts of chemicals for the mixture and checking equipment
• Maintains records by tracking the quantities of chemicals and man-power hours used, generating and
maintaining work orders and filling out TDA reports in accordance with standards and regulations.
• Manages turf areas such as parks, golf course and medians by top dressing, aerifying and verticulating
grass areas, mowing lawns, pulling weeds, mulching beds and maintaining landscaping.
Formal Education / Knowledge
Work requires knowledge of a specific vocational, administrative, or technical nature which may be obtained with six
months/one year of advanced study or training past the high school equivalency. Junior college, vocational, business,
technical or correspondence schools are likely sources. Appropriate certification may be awarded upon satisfactory
completion of advanced study or training.
• Over one year of relevant experience.
Certification and Other Requirements
• Valid Class C Drivers License
• Texas Department of Agriculture Non-Commercial Pesticide Applicator License
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.cityofallen.org →