White Bluff Resort is a gated community located on Lake Whitney in Whitney, Texas. It is home to 36 holes of golf designed by Bruce Leitzky in 1993 and 1998. The property is home to 650 residents and approximately 6500 property owners who enjoy two championship level golf courses, five swimming pools, three tennis/pickle ball courts, several restaurants and much more.
- Responsible for assisting the Superintendent in executing and directing all golf course maintenance practices on both courses
- Manage and supervise crew members
- Maintain a maintenance plan to include but not limited to all cultural practices, mow schedules, course projections, irrigation, fertility program, and equipment maintenance.
- Maintain inventory of pesticides and supervise proper use and storage of all chemicals and fertilizers
- Work closely with pro shop to provide the best playing conditions everyday
- Maintain both golf courses at a level of expectation determined by the board
- Assist the Superintendent with grow-in of new hybrid turf after construction is complete
Both courses will undergo major greens construction and bunker renovation in the near future. The superintendent will work with on-site construction foreman to ensure renovation procedures are followed and maintained during construction.
- Construction/renovation experience preferred
- Minimum 2 to 4 year turf degree preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years in golf course management with at least 1-year supervisory experience required
- Willing to get a Texas Pesticide applicator license in the near future or currently have it.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Be available to work any day of the week and varied hours
Benefits Package: Health, Vision & Dental
2 Weeks’ Vacation & 1 Week Paid Time Off, accrued 1st year
9 Paid Holidays
1 Floating Holiday
Send resume to Kimberly Williams Ellis – FirstService Residential