Salary: $45K Annually DOE
- Manage and track employee productivity, prioritize tasks, delegate duties and follow through to detailed completion
- Properly operate and calibrate spray equipment and spreaders
- Assist in the hiring and training of staff members
- Repair and have basic working knowledge of the golf course irrigation system
- Manage daily course set up, equipment operation, and chemical and fertilizer applications
- Assistant will work closely with Superintendent to manage daily operations
Benefits: Paid Annual Vacation, Golfing Privileges, 401(k), Uniforms/clothing allowance, Health Insurance, Vision Insurance, Dental insurance, Employee Meals, GCSAA and local dues paid
Education: 2 or 4 year turf degree or related field is preferred, but not required. Willing to look past the education requirement for the right individual that has valuable experience.
Experience: Minimum of 2 to 3 years golf course maintenance experience. Prior management experience is preferred. Must have a basic understanding of normal agronomic and golf course maintenance practices
Special Skills: Detailed oriented, motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills.
Privately owned, the 182-acre, 18-hole Grand Pines course is designed in the tradition of some of America’s classic courses such as Pinehurst and Pine Valley. Described as a classic-play, all-green course, Grand Pines is highlighted by rolling hills, water features and a 160,000-acre national forest as a backdrop. Paying tribute to the “golden age of golf course design” the fairways will be forever defined by the pine and hardwood forest without encumbrances from houses, streets, or backyards. In fact, the master plan dictates that no commercial or residential development will ever border Grand Pines.
Job Application Instructions
Interested candidates should email resume and cover letter to
Golf Course Superintendent
No Phone Calls Please