JOB TITLE: GOLF COURSE SUPERINTENDENT
REPORTS TO: General Manager
JOB CLASS: Exempt
EEO CODE: 02
ROCKWALL GOLF & ATHLETIC CLUB SUMMARY
RGAC is an 18-hole golf course that was designed originally by Ralph Plummer and in 2011 was renovated by Jeff Blume. The course stretches to a challenging 7,301 yards from the back tees. The Club is located on 160 acres with a scenic setting on Lake Ray Hubbard. The golf course went through an extensive renovation in 2011 which included greens, bunkers, and irrigation. RGAC has recently added a 20,000 sq. ft. short game practice area. The course is currently going through a bunker renovation using the Better Billy Bunker process.
Responsible for managing the maintenance operation of the golf course and associated grounds. Implements Rockwall Golf & Athletic Club’s Company policies and procedures, create and monitor the operating budget, and manage the maintenance staff. Must have the ability the maintain Mini-Verde greens, tees, fairways, roughs, and other facilities to excellent standards. Responsible for maintenance equipment and facility maintenance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Directs and implements the policies and procedures established by RGAC.
- Develops programs and directs the application of fertilizers and plant protecting pesticides. Monitors the record keeping of the applications and adjusts programs as required.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of plant protecting pesticides and control methods. Must have the appropriate applicator’s license.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of drainage systems and the ability to maintain and install appropriate equipment.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of irrigation systems and the ability to maintain, install, and troubleshoot the components—wells, pumps, controllers, and computer software.
- Monitors associated policies and procedures in personnel management to include hiring, record keeping, training, supervision, and termination.
- Maintains membership in the GCSAA and other professional organizations, both state and local. Attends seminars, workshops, and conferences to stay abreast of current industry events and information.
- Develops and monitors the annual maintenance operating budget within the appropriate calendar. Monitors monthly financial information. Must possess the ability to make adjustments within the budget when necessary.
- Develops the annual capital equipment and projects budgets.
- Provides appropriate information and makes recommendations to the General Manager and Management Team about facility maintenance, construction, changes, materials, supplies, services, and equipment not provided for and approved within the business plan and/or budget.
- Supervises the entire operation of the maintenance center and facility complex including the operation of the equipment repair shop. Supervises the ordering of materials and supplies, and records daily maintenance activities.
- Implements and oversees the golf course operations safety program. Develops and monitors all regulatory compliance programs to include HazComm, MSDS sheets, and all other associated rules and regulations.
- Possess an understanding of the game of golf.
- Monitors compliance with departmental purchasing policies and procedures.
- Monitors the scheduling of all maintenance operations and directs the work of the staff team members within the department
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Requires working knowledge of the maintenance of golf course tees, fairways, greens, the seeding and maintenance practices for golf course turf; the planting cultivating, pruning, and caring for plants, shrubs and trees; the characteristics and proper use of various fertilizers and soil conditioners; herbicides and pest control methods and materials; drainage control methods; and irrigation systems, including wells, pumps and automatic controls.
- Requires a high degree of administrative and management ability, especially in terms of problem solving and decision making excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Requires knowledge of current federal, state and local laws and regulations affecting the management of golf course operations.
- Ability to operate and maintain tools and machines associated with the upkeep of the golf course.
Equipment Operators Mechanic
This position has access to and must maintain the confidentiality of the company.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- 3 years experience as a Golf Course Superintendent
- Maintains current pesticide applicators license
| Seeing and hearing: read documents, computer |
screen, answer phones, communicate in person
|Standing and walking||50-75%|
|Climbing, stooping, squatting and kneeling||50-75%|
|Dexterity: utilizing phone, typing, and writing||0-24%|
|Lift in excess of 50 pounds||25%-75%|
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
To Apply contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. This job description may be changed or updated at any time without notice.